1. Do make the Word of God your priority authority.
2. Do speak words of encouragement.
3. Do communicate exactly what you feel, truthfully and with love.
4. Do respect your spouse’s opinions and thoughts.
5. Do your part to establish peace in the home.
6. Do listen intentionally, attentively, and understandingly.
7. Do forgive.
8. Don’t go to bed angry.
9. Don’t allow anger or unforgiveness to fester.
10. Don’t walk away from your spouse in the middle of a discussion.
11. Don’t ignore your spouse.
12. Don’t interrupt.
13. Don’t yell or use sarcasm.
14. Don’t belittle your spouse’s opinion.
15. Don’t make absolute statements like, “You never” and “You always.” Instead, say “I feel…” or “I have a problem,” etc.
16. Don’t give up, cave in, or quit.
Pastors Jesse and Brenda McNeil are Assistant Pastors at Word Alive Ministries, Inc. in Lakeland, Florida. They are committed marriage and family pastors, advisors, and teachers, offering premarital preparation, personal advisory, post marital advisory, and wedding services to any-one who desires. Pastor Jesse is also the author of the very influential book, “Powerful Principles for Choosing a Marriage Partner.” The McNeils have been married for more than 42 years and have worked together as a dynamic, unified ministry team for over 36 years. You are sure to be blessed and in-spired by their awesome ministry.
Family Focus Ministry
Pastors Jesse & Brenda McNeil
Every person is worth understanding!
Premarital Preparation, Post Marital Advisory,
Marriage Ceremonies, Seminars & Speaking Engagements
For comments or questions email us at: email@example.com
or call 863-944-2283 or 863-944-0762