Find 3 other Pastors (men with men) who you will agree to meet with every week. These may be Pastors you are not acquainted with and need to seek out or they may be friends you already know? If there is a church near your church consider going over to meet the other pastor. Take time to visit and get acquainted and then ask him to start or join you in your Champions Table. Repeat this until you have 4 in your Table. No more than 4)
- 4 total is best, the “Jesus Model“, but you may have to start with less
- Establish a place and time to meet (weekly) that works for all.
- You should use first names and avoid titles. Keep it friendly and personable. (i.e. Dr., Bishop, Pastor, etc.)
- Agree to pray for one another each day!
- The first week is a time of introduction. Share about your family, What are things you enjoy doing with your wife/children, What are activities you enjoy, where have you lived, when and where did you commit your life to Jesus? (Tell your story), What makes you laugh, cry, angry, shout, sing? etc. Just get acquainted with one another. Find something to laugh about! What is your biggest challenge? Share about YOU! Listen intently to each other!
- Review the “Table Covenant“- Click on it to download.
- Be sure to Register
Keep it Simple and Intentional
- Start each Table time with Prayer. Each person share’s their prayer needs at the beginning of your Table time. This is critical and will set the dynamics of the Table.
- Each week ask, “Does anyone need Special Table Time?” This is current pressing issues of high importance/concern/ or frustration!
- Each week identify a specific goal or accomplishment that you hope to attain during the next week and ask everyone to pray for you to be successful and to ask about it the next week when you meet again.
- Do not talk so much that others do not have a chance.
- Talking about “our church” will come naturally, but do not allow your Table to get stuck on church related issues.
- The Table becomes your “prayer fortress”. The Table is a safe place to share your most inward struggles and spiritual battles. Your Table brothers become like Aaron and Hur holding your arms up while your Joshua does battle for you and sometimes you have to hold their arms up. Prayer is the foundation of a great Champions Table!
- Your Table is there to encourage you, cheer you on, pray for you, not judge or give unrequested advice.
NOTE: Men only meet with Men!
Very Important: Do not seek out financial help from a Table Brother. They will know your needs and help you IF God directs them