As It Relates to Love and Respect-Ephesians 5:33 Love and Respect are two of the greatest needs for the husband and wife. The husband is energized by respect, coupled with love, and the wife is energized by love, coupled with respect. Marriage is a wonderful plan from God, and it should never be taken lightly, but of course, it is also challenging. Nevertheless, our God has given us everything we need for success. It is important that we live our lives with an attitude of seeking spiritual growth so that Christ, the one who died for us, may be glorified and honored. My friend, this special information is not for condemnation, but observation for transformation, coupled with prayer, patience, and walking in love.
- A spirit-filled husband will love and lead his wife (Ephesians 5:25); a carnal husband will rule or dominate his wife.
- A spirit-filled husband will compliment (praise/flatter) and encourage his wife; a carnal husband will tear down or depreciate his wife (Ephesians 4:32).
- A spirit-filled husband will complement (fulfill/please) his wife; a carnal husband will compete with his wife (1 Corinthians 7:33).
- A spirit-filled wife will esteem and empower her husband; a carnal wife will devour/belittle her husband (Galatians 5:15).
- A spirit-filled wife will submit or come under her husband’s leadership; a carnal wife will dominate her husband (Ephesians 5:24).
- A spirit-filled wife will complement (fulfill/please) her husband; a carnal wife will compete with her husband (1 Corinthians 7:34).
Pastors Jesse and Brenda McNeil are Assistant Pastors at Word Alive Ministries, Inc. in Lakeland, Florida. They are committed marriage and family pastors, advisors, and teachers, offering premarital preparation, personal advisory, post marital advisory, and wedding services to any-one who desires. Pastor Jesse is also the author of the very influential book, “Powerful Principles for Choosing a Marriage Partner.” The McNeils have been married for more than 42 years and have worked together as a dynamic, unified ministry team for over 36 years. You are sure to be blessed and in-spired by their awesome ministry.
Family Focus Ministry
Pastors Jesse & Brenda McNeil
Every person is worth understanding!
Premarital Preparation, Post Marital Advisory,
Marriage Ceremonies, Seminars & Speaking Engagements
For comments or questions email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 863-944-2283 or 863-944-0762