The Command to Love and Respect (Ephesians 5:33) “Nevertheless, let everyone of you in particular (speaking to husbands), so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence (respect) her husband.
(1) A husband is to obey the command to love, even if his wife does not obey the command to respect.
(2) A wife is to obey the command to respect, even if her husband does not obey the command to love.
(3) A husband is called to love a disrespectful wife.
(4) A wife is called to respect an unloving husband.
(5) There is no justification for a husband to say: “I will love my wife after she respects me; nor for a wife to say: I will respect my husband after he loves me.”
(6) When a husband feels disrespected, it’s very hard to love his wife.
(7) When a wife feels unloved, it is very hard to respect her husband.
(8) When a husband feels disrespected, he has a natural tendency to react in ways that feel unloving to his wife.
(9) When a wife feels unloved, she has a natural tendency to react in ways that feel disrespectful to her husband.
(10) It is very important to understand – When someone reacts toward you, respond to them.
a. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good (Romans 12:21).
b. Let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not (Galatians 6:9).
c. Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord (Ephesians 6:8)
Pastors Jesse and Brenda McNeil are Assistant Pastors at Word Alive Ministries, Inc. in Lakeland, Florida. They are committed marriage and family pastors, advisors, and teachers, offering premarital preparation, personal advisory, post marital advisory, and wedding services to any-one who desires. Pastor Jesse is also the author of the very influential book, “Powerful Principles for Choosing a Marriage Partner.” The McNeils have been married for more than 42 years and have worked together as a dynamic, unified ministry team for over 36 years. You are sure to be blessed and in-spired by their awesome ministry.
Family Focus Ministry
Pastors Jesse & Brenda McNeil
Every person is worth understanding!
Premarital Preparation, Post Marital Advisory,
Marriage Ceremonies, Seminars & Speaking Engagements
For comments or questions email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 863-944-2283 or 863-944-0762