In America one does not have to listen very long in conversations to hear the phrase “politically correct.” Sadly, pastors who pursue political correctness often render themselves powerless in their calling to be difference makers.
In the world of ministry, Pastors are the center of attention. All eyes are on the Pastor and every ear is straining to hear what the Pastor is saying. The words Pastors speak carry life-changing power because pastors are called to be the mouthpiece of God.
This huge responsibility is something every Pastor needs to take seriously! The questions each must ask are:
Do I preach God’s message, or
Do I preach what I believe will make people in “my” church happy?
Do I teach God’s Word, or
Do I teach non-challenging politically correct words of compromise?
During the past five years of this ministry I cannot tell you how many Christians have confided that they wished their Pastor would preach more of God’s Word!
Don’t be shocked.
Our church families are seeing Christianity attacked on every front. Spiritually, America appears to be crumbling before the eyes of the world and our children are the innocent victims.
The “church” as a whole or in part, would seem to any onlooker that we have —
- invited sexual immorality into our homes (TV, Internet and movies)
- allowed other religions to infiltrate our schools and colleges without a fight
- invited sinful compromise into our fellowships in the name of tolerance and acceptance
- permitted our government (at all levels) to modify laws and regulations which hinder our freedom and ability to minister and share the gospel!
Pastors, it is our responsibility as the Ambassadors and Messengers of God to tell our congregations and family what God says is sin. “Sin” is not a word whose definition you can assume people, and especially young people, fully understand or agree with. When they see people in our churches openly defying God’s word, the word “sin” carries no weight or consequence.
The big issue is that most do not know God’s Word because they are not hearing it, nor seeing it lived in their homes. The “Church” should have open arms to ALL people in order to bring all to the saving grace of Jesus.
The “Church” should be:
- A living body that is constantly growing
- Helping people rid themselves of sinful ways (must be taught)
- Alert to the attacks of the enemy and be acting upon those
- Learning and teaching people how to be like Jesus
- Embracing the Holy Spirit as our Helper, Teacher, and Power
- Proactive as God’s army to make disciples on the earth
As Pastors we need to be aware of what the enemy is doing. The Bible says “satan” is roaming around like a hungry lion seeking whom he can devour. As a man of God, are you aware of what the enemy is doing in your community and city? Do you understand that this enemy is trying to keep you silent and alone! It is our job to protect the sheep and lead with all diligence. You are not alone! (I pray for you to be bold!)
Let us go just a little deeper.
- Do you believe that as Pastors we need to keep quiet and ignore Islamic teachings that threaten our religious freedoms?
- Do you really know what their writings say and instruct about Christians?
- Should we keep silent about homosexuality and its obvious political agenda in America to destroy the traditional perceptions of home and marriage?
- Should we say nothing of the fornication and adultery running rampant in many church families?
- Should we seemingly approve by silence the pornography plague that has gripped men and women alike by the tens of thousands?
Politicians are all about getting votes. They will say anything to anybody to get their approval. They will do almost anything, if they believe you will donate to their cause! With politicians money is king. (Note: There are a very few good politicians the previous statements were made to me by one of them who loves the Lord Jesus.)
What would people say about you as a Pastor? Are you more about giving or more about getting? Are you —
- Pastor or Politician?
- Leader or People Pleaser?
- Army General or Civilian?
- Visionary or Status Quo?
The souls of America and your church family are at stake!
Pastor, I pray that you will take this post seriously. The enemy “satan” is working overtime to divide the Body of Christ and to keep us from sounding the alarm. He is distracting us from telling people they are lost and headed for Hell without Jesus!
Jesus is still the only way to Heaven! He is still Lord!
I pray that you will become aware of what is happening in your city, community and country. Listen to the opposition and to a variety of Christian leaders on the radio and television. Listen, watch and study across denominational, racial and cultural lines. Become acquainted with fellow Pastors in your neighborhood. Take a couple of Pastors in your city to breakfast and become friends and allies in order to impact your local culture for Christ.
We need to be All-Proactive Pastors who rightly divide the Word of Truth.
We love you and are praying for you. May God shower His grace and blessings upon you and may you faithfully carry HIS Word in your mouth!
Paul is the Founder and CEO of All Pro Pastors International, a ministry that encourages and challenges Pastors to join together as Kingdom Brothers to develop trust, accountability and unity. It is a ministry that strengthens Pastors marriages, families, and ministries by establishing “Champions Tables”. The “Champions Table” is a safe place where Pastors can meet together and develop genuine relationships. The Champions Table is a pastors “Prayer Fortress!”
Pastor Paul Pickern is married to his wife Linda. They have 5 children (Tony, Stephanie, Dale, Seth, Schyler) and 12 grand children. Their home is in Plant City, Florida between Tampa and Orlando. Paul was born in Belleville, Illinois and Linda was born in Charleston, West Virginia.